Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Welcome to Spring Semester 2013

Yesterday was my first day back after Christmas break. It was a staff development day. We were bounced around the building from room to room so we could learn some stuff. It was a great opportunity to catch up with one another. Several of us had the flu, one woman had her mother die and her granddaughter be born at the same time, and one of us had a massive heart attack. He's in really bad shape in the hospital still and will be for the foreseeable future. The rest of us were incredulous. It really put our stress from going back to work in perspective.

So with lighter hearts than usual, we got ready for the students to return. Today they reluctantly came back to school. We had a pretty normal day. As my list of things to do quickly grows, by keeping my eye on the prize, I believe I will be able to stress less whether or not I am able to get it all done. The prize is the graduation ceremony on May 31. Today I had genuine smiles for the students. It was a nice launch to what promises to be a very busy spring semester.




No comments:

Post a Comment